The Healthy Schools Team
Leeds Healthy Schools is part of the Health & Wellbeing Service, Leeds Council Children’s Services directorate. We also provide additional support, resources and training which are available through www.schoolwellbeing.co.uk
The Healthy Schools Team comprises of a specialist team of advisers, with a proven track record of achievements, with a wealth of experience over many years.
What we offer
Our area of work focusses on supporting schools to raise attainment and achievement by improving the health and wellbeing of pupils. We aim to achieve this through working together with schools, and our partners, to offer an effective, evidence-based online School Health Check tool available to schools and school settings nationally and internationally.
We support schools with:
- Healthy Schools Status (School Health Check)
- PSHE, including sex and relationship education (SRE) and drugs, alcohol and tobacco education
- Teenage Pregnancy and Parenthood Prevention and Support
- School Food, Nutrition and Cooking
- Citizenship, Participation and Sustainability
- Physical Activity
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development (SMSC)
- Pupil Voice
- Central and bespoke training
- In school support/training
- External assessments of Healthy Schools & SMSC
- Teaching resources and policies
- Direct delivery in school
- Online support through our websites: www.schoolwellbeing.co.uk, www.healthyschools.org.uk and the www.myhealthmyschoolsurvey.org.uk
- Email and telephone support
How we can help
In addtion to this online toolkit we can help through one to one meetings, whole school staff or cluster meetings, training courses, workshops and networking. We have a wide range of expertise within the team who can advise or signpost to further information or resources. We have resources and training to support both teaching and evaluation processes.
Our extended service is available on a pay as you go basis or through a traded Service Level Agreement. You can find more information about this via our traded website - Leeds for Learning
Other ways to get support.
- Please use this website - it is full of useful information and resources
- Follow us on twitter: @healthyschools_
- Use the contact us facility
- Attend our free PSHE/Healthy Schools network meetings - contact us for more information
- Click this link for our latest training courses
Meet the Healthy Schools Team
Healthy Schools Consultant/Adviser